Visiting your sponsored child is a unique opportunity and we are here to help you organize your visit. Please see some important information below. If you have any more questions or concerns, please give us a call or send us an e-mail. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note: for flights and hotel arrangements please contact the travel agency of your choice.
What are my obligations as a sponsor who wants to visit my sponsored child?
We ask that you complete the following steps at least three months before you intend to visit your sponsored child.
Three (3) months before departure, submit the Visiting My Sponsored Child Application form (one per child being visited) by clicking here: Application Form
The following documents must be submitted 4 weeks before departure:
- Each visitor must read, sign, and date World Vision's Sponsor Visit Legal Forms by clicking here: Sponsor Visit Legal Forms.
- All visitors 18 years of age and over must obtain a Criminal Record Search, by contacting your local police services. It is recommended you call ahead to reconfirm their individual requirements.
- You will need to present 2 pieces of identification.
- A previously obtained Criminal Record Search, can be accepted provided it was issued within 12 months from date of visit.
- Forward to us the above documents (Application Form, Sponsor Visit Legal Forms and Criminal Record Search). Please see application form for contact information. Once the forms are received, we will begin processing your sponsor visit. You have 2 options: scan and e-mail; or mail. In each case please address to "Attention Sponsor Visits" and include the sponsorship ID number.
How do i arrange to visit my sponsored child?
To arrange your sponsor visit, please contact VAVEZI, at least three months before your visit. Contacting us well in advance allows us time to coordinate your visit with our field staff. We will make every effort to arrange a visit with your sponsored child during the time you request. However, unforeseen circumstances can occur for example, family matters, political circumstances, inclement weather, natural disasters, etc, and we are required to cancel a visit. VAVEZI will notify you as soon as your visit request has been approved. Our Sponsor Visit Coordinator would be pleased to help you with any questions you may have and can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.